Comeniuse projekt. Tartu meeting programme April 14th-19th 2013
Photo gallery (photos by Kärt Anton)
Sunday, April 14th
Arrival of the participants at Tallinn Airport. The guests will be met by student Karl Kevin Klais.
– Polish team Warsaw – Tallinn 13:55 2+1 Bus Tallinn-Tartu from Tallinn airport at 15.05. Arrival in Tartu at 17.30. Estonian students and Reet Kandimaa meet the guests.
– Turkish team Frankfurt – Tallinn 16.10 12+4 16.10. 8+2
– French team 16.30 9+2
– German team
The rented bus brings the guests to Tartu at 20.00. Estonian students, Reet Kandimaa and Sirje Allik meet the guests at the hotel.
– 20.30 Welcome dinner for the teachers at the restaurant Dorpat .
– Some of international students will have welcome dinner at Estonian students’ homes. The others will have dinner in the city with Estonian students.
– Italian team Riga – Tallinn BT 361 (Air Baltic) 20.30 2+2 The team takes a taxi to Tallinn bus station and takes the bus Tallinn-Tartu at 22.00. Arrival in Tartu at 00.30. The team will be met by Reet Kandimaa.
Monday, April 15th
8.30 JPG students Maris Mägi and Karl Einar Ilves meet the guests at the lobby of the hotel and take them to school.
9.00 – 10.00 The headmaster of Tartu Poska Gymnasium Mr Helmer Jõgi welcomes the guests. Estonian students introduce Tartu Jaan Poska Gymnasium (Teele Kalamees and Karl Gustav Adamsoo). The partners introduce their schools.
10.00-11.30 German team presentation
– Late Antiquity and Middle Ages – Laura
– Migration between Eastern Europe and Germany (18th Century and Today) – Emily
– German Emigration to the USA (19th and 20th Century) – Pauline
– Flight and Expulsion (WW II) – Kim
– Migration from the German Democratic Republic to the Federal Republic of Germany and the Integration into the FRG – Pia
-Your Biography is Random – A Game with a Serious Background – Jessi, Kira, Marius, Darren
11.30 – 12.00 Break and snack at school (Teele, Gustav, Kathlyn, Mihkel).
12.00 – 12.55 Polish team presentation
– Milestones in passenger transportation
– Famous Polish emigrants
+ short language competition
13.00 – 13.45 Italian team presentation
14.00 – 15. 00 Buffet lunch at restaurant The Dorpat. http://www.dorpat.ee/restaurant
15.00 – 16.30 Guided tour in the historical Tartu city centre. The students will be divided into 4 groups and will be given a tour by JPG students (Janee Undrits, Sandra Staudinger). The teachers will be given a tour by a professional guide Kristina Mullamaa.
16.30 – 17.00 Reception of the teachers at Tartu City Hall by Vicemayor Jüri Kõre.
16.30 – Free time for students.
19.00 The guest students meet the host students at the lobby of the hotel Tartu. Relaxing activities in groups. South Shopping centre with the skating rink, 4D cinema and a lot of possibilities to have dinner. http:/ /www.lounakeskus.com/en
Tuesday, April 16th
8.40 JPG students Kerttu Sarapuu and Kathlyn Vahter meet the guests at the lobby of the hotel Tartu. Estonian students take the guests to the classrooms.
9.10 – 9.55 The guest students and teachers observe a regular class. 3 Turkish groups, 2 German groups, 2 French groups, an Italian and Polish group. After the class all gather in the auditorium on the 2nd floor.
10.05 – 11.00 Estonian team presentation “The changes in Estonian population during and after World War II”. Triin Kesküla, Marily Kool, Kärt Anton, Katrin Tammjärv.
– The flight of Estonians to the West during World War II.
– Immigration of Russians into Estonia during 50 years of the Soviet Era.
– Deportation of Estonians into Siberia in 1949.
11.00 – 11.30 Light snack at school. Teele, Mihkel, Kati.
11.30 – 12.30 French team presentation.
12.30 – 13.30 Turkish team presentation
– Turkish Migration from Middle Asia. Gamzenur KILIC
– Migration of Tribes. Saliha CAVUSOGLU
– Migration in Ottoman History
a – 14 – 17th century. Erdi OKUR
b – 18th century ( After Losing Lands). Mustafa KATITAS
c – Balkan Migration. Ismail OGUZ
– Migration in the Turkish Republic. Esma KOCAK
– Video Interview with some of the immigrants — Bugrahan OZBAYIR, Ramazan OZCIFCI, Melishan OZKAN, Rumey
14.00 – 15.00 Buffet lunch at restaurant The Dorpat. http://www.dorpat.ee/restaurant
15.30 – 17.00 The teachers plan a Paris meeting.
15.30 The students have free time.
17.00 The German students and part of the Turkish group is going to the Planetarium. http://www.ahhaa.ee/en/
19.00 Dinner for teachers – Café Moka. http://www.moka.ee/alacarte.html
Wednesday, April 17th
9.00-17.00 Bus excursion to South Estonia. Tartu – Mooste – Värska – Piusa -Roadmuseum – Tartu. Vaike Rootsmaa and students Liis Tammjärv, Heelika Pärn.
19.00 Dinner and a Good Bye party at Wilde pub. http://www.vilde.ee/eng/ Music. Singing. Dancing. Party hosts Triin Keskküla and Karl Einar Ilves. DJ Andres Nöps.
Thursday, April 18th
8.30 The guests leave Tartu by bus. Reet Kandimaa
11.00 Arrival in Tallinn. Meeting with the guide at Viru Hotel.
11.00 – 12.00 Bus excursion in Tallinn.
12.00 – 13.00 Walking tour in Tallinn Old Town.
Lunch in the Old Town.
Transportation by bus to the hotel.
Viimati muudetud 09.05.2013